Durham Nativity School seeks to admit young men who aspire to become tomorrow’s community leaders. DNS provides the opportunity for its graduates to attend a competitive private high school and to enroll in college. For this reason, potential students should enjoy learning and should be motivated to succeed in a challenging academic environment. Qualified applicants must possess honesty, integrity, and self-control. The admissions process is designed to identify students and families who will benefit from our specialized instruction and programs.
Our Admissions Policy
- Preference is given to qualified candidates who are eligible for the federal school meal program. To verify, a 1040 tax return for the student’s family for the previous year must be submitted, as well as a copy of the W2 forms for each working member of the student’s household.
- The candidate and his family must be committed to a year-round educational experience.
- Students will be enrolled without regard to race, religion or ethnicity.
- Eligible students and their families are encouraged to fill out an application and submit the completed application to the DNS Admissions Office.
Student and Family Commitment
- To offer the best possible education, Durham Nativity School requires students to attend school each day prepared to learn. This is a commitment on behalf of the student, the family, and the school.
- Parents and guardians are expected to support and reinforce all the values and practices of the Durham Nativity School, at home, in school activities, and in the student’s educational process. Parental involvement and support will help produce a more complete child.
School Commitment & Responsibility
Durham Nativity School is committed to providing students an atmosphere conducive to learning, small class size for more individualized instruction, emotional, social, moral, and intellectual support. Our staff is dedicated to preparing young men for the rigors of college preparatory high schools.
For further information, contact:
Ms. Maura Sullivan
Durham Nativity School
1004 North Mangum Street
Durham, NC 27701
Phone: 919-680-3790 Ext 7793