November 22, 2013
“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” ~ Henry Van Dyke ~
- Fun Learning Opportunity: Attend a fascinating program on Wednesday, Nov 27th from 8:30 to 2:30 at Triangle Learning Community – 1008 Watts Street. Learn about modern South Africa from recent UNC graduate, Alison Gamble, who visited South Africa as a student at UNC and is now living there and starting a not-for-profit educational program in a town called Ocean View, South Africa. The reduced cost to attend is $25 for DNS students. For more information contact Dr. Vannelle no later than Monday afternoon.
- Exams: The Monday we return from our Fall Break, teachers will make available study guides for upcoming exams. Exams are the week of December 16th.
- First Annual Concert: Our first annual Christmas concert is scheduled for Thursday, December 5th from 7:00 p.m. to- 8:00 p.m. in the church sanctuary. There is no reception following the concert.
- Cisco: Students will visit Cisco on Friday, December 6th from 11:00-2:00.
- SPARCS is scheduled for Saturday, December 7th from 12:00-3:00
- Activity Fees help us provide opportunities for our students to experience learning beyond the classroom. Thank you for paying the monthly fees on time.
- Nutrition Workshop: The next Nutrition Workshop will take place on Monday, December 9th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. If you are interested in participating, please contact Mr. Oliver.
- Tickets for Movie Night, scheduled for December 14th at 4:00 P.M., are on sale. Members of PEP will be selling tickets each morning from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. the week of December 2nd or may be purchased by contacting Ms. Thompkins
- Thank you Mrs. Escobar, Ms. Harrell, and Mr. A. Urbano for your participation in Service Learning. Your volunteer service is most appreciated.
- A big shout out goes to all of the parents for making the Thanksgiving PEP Meeting so wonderful. Blessings upon each and every single one of you.
- November 22 Fall Break Begins (4:45 p.m.)
- December 2 Fall Break Ends – Classes Resume (7:45 a.m.)
- December 5 First Annual Concert in the church sanctuary ~ 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- December 7 SPARCS ~ 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 9 Nutrition Workshop Part II at DNS ~ 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- December 14 DNS Choir at Union Baptist Church ~ 10:00 a.m. Family Movie Night at DNS ~ 4:00 p.m.